Business site Kiplinger.com just named Houston the No. 1 city to live, work and play. We’re getting some well-deserved national recognition! Forbes, in 2006, recognized Houston as one of the best places for businesses and careers.
Things I like about Houston:
- University of Houston – most diverse institution nationwide, and it gave me some of the best years ever
- Climate – It doesn’t get cold! I think this brings a lot of tropical immigrants, like my parents.
- Visual and performing arts scene
- Huge South Asian population
- Cool festivals and events like ArtCrawl
- Easily navigable highways (by my account, anyway)
- World’s largest medical center
- Astronauts in your backyard
- Coffee shops like Inversion and Brasil
- Restaurants like Market Square Bar & Grill, Riva’s, Niko Niko’s, and the list goes on…
- Cheap housing!
- Friendly folks
- A different language at every corner
What are your favorite things about our grand city?